Director of Audience Development & Events
Convene is the first workplace-as-a-service company with a mission to improve the way the world works through our places, products, services and hospitality experiences. We’re now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st century. Our next stage of growth is partnering with the leading commercial real estate developers and landlords to expand our footprint and “democratize the Google-plex.”
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating everyday. Convene understands that professional and personal growth can’t be isolated, and offers leadership, service, and training programs to all employees through programs such as Energy Leadership and Harvard Manage Mentor courses. Our corporate benefits also include subsidized health care, life insurance and lunches. We also provide generous paid time off and holidays policies, as well as parental leave and paid volunteer time. We’re a very social group as too! Come join our family’s outings, happy hours, birthday celebrations, team parties, fundraisers and charity events.
Come join Convene’s powerhouse marketing team at the ground level! This is a rare opportunity to be at the pivotal point of a growth stage company where will you be able to intimately shape the company’s global growth and trajectory. You’ll be working closely with our highly seasoned executive team, who each have come from leading companies in the technology, workplace design, real estate, and hospitality industries.
In this role, you will be leading all of Convene’s content marketing, audience development, and events efforts. This newly created, high-profile role will be poised to accelerate, brand awareness, revenue, and audience engagement for the company.
Audience Development: Further develop a comprehensive content strategy to drive awareness, increase readership, and earn loyalty among both meeting planners and real estate executives across our digital channels.
- Content: Create highly compelling content and formats to establish Convene as a leader in the real estate, technology and meetings space. Leverage our existing channels such as our blog and social media while developing new channels such as community forums and partnerships. You’ll onboard and manage (internal and external) writers, designers, and freelancers to create rich content to reach key business objectives.
- Events: Activate all of our key audiences across digital channels through a series of hosted and sponsored events throughout the year – from salons and happy hours to location openings and summits.
The ideal candidate is a digital marketing/product marketing leader with deep knowledge and “scale-up” experience in hospitality, technology and/or lifestyle categories. This person has demonstrated expertise in being able to build buyer personas, manage content, and grow a community following. S/he takes a data-driven approach to making decisions and incorporating varying points of view from the company’s customers, colleagues, partners, and investors. S/he will also have an endless appetite to learn and innovate in our verticals as well as others, and will be relentlessly improving the way Convene delivers content, design, service, retail and event experiences to our current and future followers.
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Journalism, or another applicable field
- Love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team
- 8+ years of content and events experience along with domain expertise and passionate meetings, real estate, and technology
- Meticulous attention to detail and top-notch spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills; Familiar with WordPress
- Event planning expertise – proven ability to design, promote, and engage audiences through innovative and educational events
- Can add value data insights just as strongly as journalistic standards, and you understand how to leverage data and engagement tools to evaluate audience health and growth, as well as content performance
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an exceptional problem solver
- Outstanding team leadership skills. Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, with strong ability to align and inspire teams
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all of our content is on-brand. You’ll edit for consistency in tone, comply with SEO best practices, and work with our designers to create assets that bring our content to life
- Oversee our company’s thought leadership initiatives – including executive longform pieces and including industry research reports
- Build out our key buyer and customer personas across real estate, technology, and meetings industry verticals
- Oversee all aspects of Convene hosted and sponsored events – event strategy, event promotions, lead generation, operational planning and resourcing, partnerships, and budgeting
- Build and coach a content production team of freelancers; design and implement training programs to bring about expedited onboarding and content consistency
- Develop content and event metrics that support the company’s strategic initiatives and market coverage targets
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top