Conference Center Cook - Part time
Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies lead to amazing ideas and better flow of business. We help our clients work better, enhance collaboration, and support them in achieving their goals. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions, and that’s why we are committed to pursuing better ways to supporting them. We are now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st century. We have thought about what the future of meetings and workplace hospitality looks like, and we’re actively working to build that vision.
We have studied the science of serving large groups of people, especially in a business context. Considering every palate and personality, we have created a menu that supports an enjoyable and healthful experience. Our Culinary team carefully curates seasonal menus to offer a delectable variety of options that provide lasting energy to fuel productivity. Weekly menus have unique options for each day so that participants can always look forward to the offering.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events, but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people, and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re looking for a Conference Center Cook to join Convene’s prestigious Culinary Team. The Conference Center Cook is responsible for assisting in daily production of culinary requirements and works in partnership with the Service and Production teams to ensure we are exceeding the expectations of our clients. We need someone with experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation and conference style catering. As a Convene employee, you will use Convene’s Core Values to guide your day-to-day: genuine, relentless, integrity, and teamwork.
- Minimum High School/GED diploma
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of culinary arts
- Some experience preferred
- Must be highly motivated and ready to lead themselves and other team members
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Proven excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to actively engage in conversations with clients
- Proven excellent attention to detail
- Must have knowledge in sanitation guidelines
- Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate preferred (i.e. SerySafe/NYC DOH)
- TIPS Certifications preferred
- Knowledge of various cooking techniques such as baking, roasting, broiling, grilling, and the use of required tools
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, season and cook various soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food related items for consumption in the establishment
- Estimate food requirements and place the correct order to suppliers
- Observe and understand all DEHC safety and security procedures
- Observe and test foods by tasting, smelling, and ensuring the correct temperatures in accordance to DEHC standards
- Present oneself in a professional manner
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Back to top