Conference Center Cook
This position requires experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation and reception style catering. Responsible for daily production of culinary requirements, maintenance of budgeted food costs, ordering, inventory, sanitation and overall food quality and presentation.
Duties & Functions:
• Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information.
• Must be able to follow instructions and time guidelines of daily production orders.
• Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling.
• Responsible for food presentation (Maintain and uphold Convene Buffet standards)
• Constantly Increasing knowledge of culinary and other products or services.
• Perform cleaning duties including: washing dishes, sweeping and moping kitchen.
• Accommodate special customer needs and last minute requests.
• Follow checklists and standard operating procedures.
• Manage Vendors.
• Maintenance of budgeted food costs, and assist when necessary on weekly and monthly inventory
• Maintain safe, clean, organized, and well stocked work areas.
• Provide the highest level of service in accordance with our standards.
• Adhere to uniform standards and maintain a professional appearance at all times when on event floor.
Education & Experience:
• Preferred A.O.S Degree in Culinary Arts or Culinary Certificate and required experiences
• Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of culinary/kitchen experience, depending upon formal degree or training
• Extensive catering experience a plus
• High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
• Institutional and batch cooking experiences
• Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
• Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
• ServSafe certified - highly desirable
• Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Email and internet
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Stephanie oversees the front-of-house operations at Convene’s 101 Park event space. She manages and assists her team in keeping clients happy and the facilities immaculately clean.
Back to top