Conference Center Cook
This position requires experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation and conference style catering. Responsible for assisting in daily production of culinary requirements, must have knowledge in sanitation guidelines. Assist in daily ordering and inventories.
Duties & Functions
- Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information.
- Must be able to follow instructions and time guidelines of daily production sheets
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of three (1) to five (3) years of culinary/kitchen experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe/NYC DOH certified - highly desirable
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Stephanie oversees the front-of-house operations at Convene’s 101 Park event space. She manages and assists her team in keeping clients happy and the facilities immaculately clean.
Back to top