THE ROLE – Corporate Communications & PR Manager
Come help Convene build a powerhouse marketing team at the ground level! This is a rare opportunity to be at the pivotal point of a growth stage company where will you be able to intimately shape the company’s global growth and trajectory. You’ll be working closely with and constantly learning from our highly seasoned executive team, who each have come from leading companies in technology, workplace design, real estate, and hospitality.
In this role, your experience, media/PR/journalist network, eye for branding and communication savvy will help Convene capture the hearts, ears and minds of enterprise customers, service partners, and commercial landlords as we continue to establish ourselves as a powerful (WaaS) brand known for breakthrough products and services for the commercial real estate and hospitality industries.
Reporting to our VP of Marketing, Convene’s Corporate Communications & PR Manager will work towards raising the profile and awareness of Convene across North America and Europe. Working hand-in-hand with a content marketing agency and an internal team, you will be responsible for the development and execution of both local and national PR strategies, internal communications, content marketing efforts, community events, and social media. This includes all company communications, press releases, bylined articles, blog posts, ebooks, company newsletters, branded editorial destinations, executive speaking engagements and social channel engagements. This is an end-to-end role that offers an opportunity to promote our brand through all channels of communication.
• Developing a compelling content platform, overseeing the creation of engaging stories across our primary channels (Convene.com, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, press releases, bylined articles, etc.) as well as pitching to a wide range of media outlets, including business, trade, industry, and technology. This platform will become integrated component of our broader thought leadership, awareness, and demand generation strategies.
• Enabling a more robust executive communications platform: helping us develop effective executive presentations and messages for internal and external use.
• Overseeing industry, product, and customer awards identification, prioritization & applications.
• Managing Corporate Speaking Calendar & company spokesperson Bureau
• Updating Executive & Company Bios (EX: LinkedIn, IR, Crunchbase, Wikipedia)
• Creating data-driven framework to measure and iterate towards a successful communications platform.
• Developing and managing proprietary events to help accelerate our pipeline and brand awareness brand in multiple markets
• Managing the creation and publishing of marketing assets (e.g. newsletters, internal company updates, etc), and analyze asset usage and effectiveness.
• Managing a content marketing agency.
• Ensuring all content promotion activities are coordinated across channels including social promotion (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) and email.
• Providing accurate reporting on all PR and Communications activities to senior management and external stakeholders as appropriate.
• Working cross-functionally with executives and employees to help execute on Convene’s vision, which requires hands-on content development.
• Subject matter expertise in real estate, hospitality, & technology.
• Outstanding storytelling, positioning and marketing abilities.
• Experience with corporate branding, and a clear understanding of marketing strategies and concepts.
Character and Culture:
• Is a strong-centered self-starter and problem solver. Rather than focus on the 5 ways why something can't happen, the person can see the one way that it can;
• Is recognized as the 'go to person' or as the person that will inspire, garner the support and energy to get an initiative off the ground. Is a multiplier who can lead.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to both a changing internal and external environment and effectively adjusts priorities to optimize outcomes.
• Engages persuasively and with integrity and is able to win the hearts and minds at any level across all functions.
• High level of energy, enthusiastic team player and dedication to excellence.
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in Communications & Public Relations (preferably in high-growth companies) with end-to-end content marketing execution, including conceptualizing, designing, launching and supporting online, interactive and/or multichannel campaigns.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Communications or a related field.
• Strong project management skills – the ability to own and drive project schedule from start to finish, including managing peers and individuals senior to you.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, editing, presentation, and interpersonal skills in English.
• Understanding of strategy as well as demonstrated command of details to have cross-functional impact on overall marketing goals
• Top media contacts, with proven results
• Ability to interact with and influence all levels of management on areas of expertise.
• This role is located in our New York City offices in Midtown.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's):
KPI's include but are not limited by the following:
• Strategic earned and paid placements in major global, national, and trade/industry publications
• Consideration and inclusion in major industry analyst articles, rankings, and awards
• Earned speaking opportunities for our executive team
• Volume and virality of content marketing efforts, with clear attribution towards demand generation and marketing ROI
• Reviews from key executives and stakeholders
• Community growth, both offline (events) and online (social media, customer, & blog)
• Internal NPS scores on communication effectiveness
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Stephanie oversees the front-of-house operations at Convene’s 101 Park event space. She manages and assists her team in keeping clients happy and the facilities immaculately clean.
Back to top