At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2018 and plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events, but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people, and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re hiring a Chef to join Convene’s prestigious culinary team. This position requires experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation and conference style catering. As a Chef, you will be responsible for maintenance of budgeted food cost, ordering, menu development, sanitation and HACCP guidelines, as well conducting daily ordering and inventory.
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree of training
- Experience leading culinary teams up to 10 people
- Extensive catering experience
- High volume, complex food service operations experience – highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences a plus
- Hand-on chef experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers, to include Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail, and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- SerySafe certified – highly desirable
Duties & Functions
- Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information
- Constantly increasing knowledge of culinary and other products and services
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Labor control and managing and staff
- Payroll and Ultipro duties
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required; rotating work schedule that may include nights and weekends
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Back to top