Founded in 2009, Convene is the nation’s fastest-growing network of meeting, event and conference venues, integrating technology, hospitality, culinary, and human-centered design to create a transformative user experience. In partnership with leading commercial landlords, the company also provides on-demand space and hospitality services for building tenants and their employees through the first-ever workplace-as-a-service (WaaS) platform. With locations in New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., Convene has plans to expand to Boston, Los Angeles and Chicago in the near future. Over 5,000 companies, including more than 65 percent of Fortune 100 companies, partner with Convene to host meetings and events of all sizes. Convene has been named one of Forbes’ 100 most promising companies, and one of Inc.’s fastest-growing companies. At the cornerstone of Convene’s massive growth, company culture remains an integral piece of Convene’s success. In 2016 Convene was awarded the Smart CEO top company culture award.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events, but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people, and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re hiring a Chef to join Convene’s prestigious culinary team. This position requires experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation and conference style catering. As a Chef, you will be responsible for maintenance of budgeted food cost, ordering, menu development, sanitation and HACCP guidelines, as well conducting daily ordering and inventory.
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree of training
- Experience leading culinary teams up to 15 people
- Extensive catering experience
- High volume, complex food service operations experience – highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences a plus
- Hand-on chef experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers, to include Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail, and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- SerySafe/NYC DOH certified – highly desirable
Duties & Functions
- Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information
- Constantly increasing knowledge of culinary and other products and services
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Labor control and managing the Cashiers and staff
- Managing a café with revolving menu
- Managing union staff with New York experience
- Payroll and Ultipro duties
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required; rotating work schedule that may include nights and weekends
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top