Cafe General Manager
We're seeking a Cafe General Manager to join our Cafe Team in Los Angeles, California. The Cafe Manager will report directly to the General Manager.
What you'll do:
The Café Manager is responsible for all the daily operations of the Café, ensuring consistency with our Convene culture, providing world-class customer service, and managing the staff. The Café Manager will lead by example and foster an employee-centric environment while focusing the café staff on maximizing sales and productivity in the café. The Café Manager selects, hires and develops café staff and assists with any needs.
- Manages and motivates the Café team including hiring, firing, performance management and employee recognition
- Trains new employees and provides ongoing training for all Café staff
- Develops and implements Café policies and procedures
- Coordinates Café team schedule, covering different shifts if necessary
- Serves as the lead customer service contact in Café for customers and building manager including answering questions and other client communication
- Acts as a liaison between Café and all other departments, communicating relevant information to Café staff as needed
- Establishes, monitors and analyzes Café budget
- Manages vendor relationships and maintains inventory
- Responsible for keeping Café area clean, neat and orderly
- Orders any supplies needed for the Café
- Conducts departmental meetings
What we look for:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in food and beverage service
- Strong knowledge of coffee and teas
- Proficient in creating espresso based drinks and latte art
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven good organizational skills
- Must be highly motivated and ready to lead
- Must have a good understanding of food and beverage operations
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office- Word, Excel and Internet use
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Able to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
Who We Are:
Convene designs and services premium places to work, meet, and host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, and has been named one of America's 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convene's NYC headquarters and learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQ's Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, and read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work® 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIn's Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crain's New York Fastest Growing Companies
We're Here For You:
At Convene, you'll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family
- Medical and insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans and gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals and snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Back to top