AV - IT Technology Specialist (Part-Time)
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
We’re hiring a Technology Specialist to join Convene’s world-class Technology Team. In this position, you will provide technology services in all duties, including setting up and operating various scaled audiovisual systems, with a specialty in audio, video, computers, HSIA, audio conferencing, video conferencing, webcasting, and basic lighting for different types of programs. We’re looking for someone personable and client-focused, with problem solving skills that can be applied in various types of environments and situations. Convene employees use our Core Values in their day-to-day: genuine, relentless, integrity, and teamwork.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge of audio visual equipment listed in equipment and technical qualifications section
- Ensure a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of audiovisual equipment
- Experience with video conferencing including hard codecs and soft codecs
- Ability to perform basic network trouble shooting procedures
- Demonstrate strong general problem-solving skills
- Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external clients
- Make personal contact with guests and assist with any reasonable requests
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication
- Portrays a polished professional image at all times
- Perform daily floor management that includes assignment of tasks and assisting Technology Manager with labor needs and scheduling
- Work with General Manager, Production team, and Technology Manager to establish coordinated communications for management of programs
- Properly secure, store, transport, and preserve company AV equipment
- Participate in physical inventory count process as requested
- Review and have knowledge of menu/service with operations and production teams
- Complete set/strike lists and perform closing inspection duties
- Assist service team in daily duties to ensure a great client experience.
- Other duties as requested by management
- High school diploma/GED required
- AA/BS a+
- 2 years of audiovisual technical experience
- Knowledge of audiovisual, computer networking/maintenance, and lighting technical theory
- Intermediate technical knowledge of audio, video, projection, computer and lighting equipment
- CTS preferred
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Required to move, set/strike equipment up to 50 lbs. without additional assistance.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Back to top