Associate Product Manager
Who we are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding.
About the Role:
As an Associate Product Manager, you will collaborate in establishing a shared vision across all consumer facing products. Day-to-day you will be responsible for grooming and maintaining a backlog of user stories for Elevate, Convene’s technology platform. You will work closely with our engineers and product designers to build cool solutions to big-building problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, question everything. Listen and question landlords and tenants to understand the problems that Elevate can solve.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Plan and work with multiple teams. You’ll be the team quarter-back working with engineering and product design to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2018 and plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Ability to walk/travel between properties
- Some Air/Train travel required
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overheard and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Back to top