Area Director of Sales, London
We're seeking an Area Director of Sales to join our Meeting Sales team in London, England. The ADOS will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Sales, based in New York.
What You'll Do:
The ADOS will also work closely with the broader Sales, Revenue, and Product teams. The position will be located at Convene's UK headquarters in London's West End submarket and will require close interaction and collaboration with the wider teams of the company, largely based in New York. This position will provide you with an exceptional foundation for professional growth in many areas, and the opportunity to work with senior leadership in a globally expanding, high-growth, venture-backed company.
- Hire, lead and develop a team of Account Directors, Account Managers, and Account Coordinators for the area
- Responsible for setting sales strategy for both the properties and the area across the Convene Platform with specific focus regarding both the Meetings and Workplace Product
- Meet weekly with Area Director of Operations, and partner on Area and Property strategies and initiatives.
- Stay current on industry trends through benchmarking, trade publications, competitive shopping, and conferences
- Develop leaders through ongoing training and coaching in accordance with individual and departmental goals
- Ensure clear and regular communications and coordination between sales teams and production
- Conduct team reviews twice a year
- Coordinate with Marketing and property teams on tactical execution of strategic initiatives to feed pipeline and fill need dates
- Provide ongoing leadership, inspiration and motivation for London Sales organization
- Oversee partner relationships, including hotels, DMCs, etc.
- Work with Revenue Management on creation of appropriate pricing and booking guidelines
- Ensure every property has completed and is executing against a sound annual business plan
- Ongoing training and coaching of team on sales skills
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Convene space including but not limited to capacity charts, zone selling, and package pricing
- Meet and exceed budgeted goals on an annual and monthly basis
- Participate in final budgeting process and develop supporting action steps
- Establish individual booking goals for each Sales person and any adjustments based on change of business, turnover, and/or promotions
- Hold the team accountable to executing on key strategies and account plans
- Lead daily sales stand up meeting and the weekly sales & revenue meeting
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive set through site inspections and relationships with counterparts
- As needed accompany sales team on key site inspections and client appointments
- Ensure accurate tracking of quarterly booking goals on a weekly basis
- Compile monthly executive summary and participate in monthly and quarterly Ops reviews
- Ensure that booking guidelines are followed, and that all managers are maximizing space and revenue through audits
- Along with Revenue Management and Area Director of Ops, participate in the revenue forecast process
- Proactively identify "need" periods in and develop and implement action steps to fill voids
- Constantly communicate and maintain mutual understanding with other department heads
What We Look For:
- BS degree in Business Administration or applicable program
- Minimum 5 years' experience at Director level/Leadership position, preferably with multi-unit and/or multi-product line responsibilities
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a leadership sales capacity
- Excellent verbal, written and physical communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter who can manage processes; ability to think independently and anticipate next steps; ownership mentality
- Energy and commitment to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and forging a path when none is present
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with colleagues based in the US
- Capability and organisational skills to work across various time zones
Who We Are:
Convene designs and services premium places to work, meet, and host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, and has been named one of America's 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convene's NYC headquarters and learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQ's Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, and read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work® 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIn's Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crain's New York Fastest Growing Companies
We're Here For You:
At Convene, you'll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family
- Medical and insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans and gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals and snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Karen C.Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top