Area Director of Sales
Who we are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding.
Convene will soon be opening a new location in Downtown Washington, DC!
What you'll do:
The Area Director of Sales position is responsible for planning and implementing sales, and community development programs to meet and exceed budgeted revenue. This position will establish both short and long range goals, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Embody the Convene Core Values and Culture
- Support Sales Plan objectives through a coach centric approach to directing, coordinating and assisting the sales team; while maintaining key customer relationships for the local area.
- Develop, communicate and monitor annual Sales Plans for the region and assist in establishing appropriate sales objectives for Convene Meetings, and Convene Workplaces.
- Assist in supporting, training, coaching and monitoring area and business unit managers to achieve sales objectives and performance standards
- Direct, communicate and implement appropriate sales policies and practices.
- Establish an expense budget including promotional activities, to ensure regional teams stay within guidelines to appropriately control costs and aligned with corporate initiatives.
- Implement approved Distribution Strategies in order to build a loyal customer base.
- Assist in supporting, training, and coaching the Sales team to ensure Brand and Culture Alignment, enhance the customer experience
- Work directly with the Regional Director of Operations to maximize efficiency and increase sales and profitability.
- Work with VP, Sales and VP Commerce to establish optimal market pricing and booking guidelines.
- Assist others as an information resource to the organization by completing reports, responding to information requests and collaborating with internal resources.
- Establish and foster strong partnerships with industry organizations: i.e. MPI, CVB, CoreNet, Commercial Broker Community, and local hotels, etc.
- Supervises Account Directors and Account Managers and Account Coordinators within the Area.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- This position reports to the Head of Sales in New York
What we look for:
- Experience in supervising sales teams, vendor relationships and directing overall field activity. Multi-property oversight experience preferred within the hospitality industry.
- Ability to maintain a high level of sales morale and productivity.
- Industry/market knowledge.
- Understand sales records and trends in relation to objectives and competitive activities.
- Understand and prepare sales forecasts, budgets, quotas and other projections.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 - 7 years of sales leadership experience; multi-unit sales hospitality leadership experience preferred
- 20% Travel required to customer locations and Area Convene locations
- Travel to trade shows & other exhibitions to support the Brand
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2018 and plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Ability to walk between properties
- Some Air/Train travel required
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overheard and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top