Android Beacon SDK Engineer - Engineering
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 and plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
About the Role:
As an Android Beacon SDK Engineer at Convene, you will be working with our engineering team to develop, test and enhance our Android software development kit for managing indoor location data using Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) beacons. Edge processing on mobile is the heart of our business: It activates a real-time data stream that connects with our cloud-services to enable our enterprise customers with indoor positioning, occupancy of spaces and assets (by crowdsourcing wireless signals), and the ability to locate coworkers in the building. Candidates for this position must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive with excellent communication skills and hands-on technical experience. Depending on your interests, you will also contribute to the iOS SDK, beacon firmware, HID mobile access system, customer-facing mobile apps, or cloud frontend/backend.
- Demonstrated experience working with Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) beacons on Android
- Experience building highly stable, low-footprint developer SDK’s
- Knowledge of best practices to maximize battery life
- Knowledge of different techniques for efficient background data processing
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Android development practices
- Experience working across a variety of Android manufacturers and devices
- Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin languages
- Contribute to all phases the product lifecycle, including specification, design, implementation, test coordination, release, support, and documentation
- Configuration and use of automated build tools (Jenkins and similar)
- Experience writing and maintaining unit & integration tests
- Ability to develop a test plan and use software test systems
- BS/BEng degree plus 3 - 5 years of experience or MS/MEng plus 1 - 3 years of experience in Electrical -Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
Back to top