Accountant Payable Intern
Convene is changing the way people work to better serve the needs of the 21st century. We are the nation’s leading workplace-as-a-service provider. Convene is partnering with the leading commercial real estate developers and landlords to change the largest industry in the world and build a fast-growing network of flexible meeting, conference and workspace venues that combine technology, hospitality and human-centered design into transformative workplace experiences for leading enterprise companies.
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating everyday. We are expanding our offering (new products, new geographies and new properties) very quickly, so Convene is a fast-paced and fun environment allowing for both professional and personal growth. We are looking for team members that exemplify our core values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork) and strive to be 1% every day.
We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Intern to join Convene’s finance team. We need someone with strong problem solving abilities and communication skills, especially the ability to effectively present numerical data. As an Account Payable Intern, you will help the AP team with functions such as help review vendor invoices, printing checks, and reconciling vendor statements to accounts payable records. The Accounts Payable Intern will report to the A/P Supervisor and use Convene’s Core Values as guidance in day-to-day activities.
- Finance or Accounting major preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Assistance with analyses may be requested as needed
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to develop alternate solutions
- Effective team player that can balance team and individual responsibilities
- Organizational skills and efficient time management
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Account Payable function including receipt of invoices from internal & External departments and vendors
- Review invoice coding for accuracy in accounting systems.
- Assist with preparation of weekly check run to sent out to check printing company
- Review vendor statements for complete recording of all outstanding invoices
- Assist with analyses as requested
- Help contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize Accounts Payable procedures
- Willingness to learn accounting systems
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Co-Founder & President
The most exciting thing about Convene [...], is a humble concept of improving to be 1% better every single day, as individuals and also as a company.
Back to top