The accountant will be responsible for all aspects of daily accounting including processing fixed assets and monthly bank reconciliations. The position is also responsible for assisting in the month end financial close and preparation of financial statements. This individual will also be expected to assist ad hoc projects. The position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Duties and Functions:
* Responsible for processing and maintenance of general ledger transactions to ensure compliance with GAAP, including key spreadsheet and system reconciliations.
* Assist in the development of documentation and support for all financial processes and procedures.
* Responsible for timely compilation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Involvement in the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close process with responsibility over specific close activities.
* Reconciliation of multiple intercompany accounts and other Balance Sheet accounts
* Preparation of various account analyses to support financial statement reviews.
* Creation/reconciliation of fixed assets and depreciation in sub-ledger system.
* Calculate sales commissions in accordance with compensation plan.
* Ensure timely filings of various NYS and NYC filings.
* Assist with annual financial statement audit preparation.
* B.S. Degree in Accounting
* 2-3 years accounting experience
* Working knowledge of GAAP
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Solid analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Team player with the ability to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Stephanie oversees the front-of-house operations at Convene’s 101 Park event space. She manages and assists her team in keeping clients happy and the facilities immaculately clean.
Back to top