Convene is reimagining how space, service and technology can support more productive and enjoyable meetings. We are inspired by the belief that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The strategic importance of a client event and the resounding implication of its outcome give us a profound sense of responsibility and purpose. Meeting and event planners find a consistency in our brand and services while experiencing the ease of doing business with us.
The creativity that is cultivated by our spaces and productivity efficiencies lead to amazing ideas and better flow of business. We help our clients work better, enhance collaboration, and support them in achieving their goals. We are honored and grateful to be the host of these occasions and that’s why we are committed to pursuing better ways to supporting them. We are now starting to reshape the largest industry in the world to better serve the needs of the 21st Century. We have thought about what the future of meetings and workplace hospitality looks like and we’re actively working to build that vision.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events but we don’t believe in“business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people and we fully support your development.Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our Convene sales team. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for building a solid deck of clients by developing new and existing client relationships. We’re looking for someone energetic and personable, someone that can work well with other team members and build strong relationships. This role requires you to be self-motivated and willing to do what it takes to acquire new business. If that sounds like you, this role could be perfect for you.
- College Degree Required BS/BA
- Minimum 2 years sales related experience
- Ability to effectively build relationships with clients
- Ability to work well with other team members
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow current, prospective and referral clients
- Attend local trade shows, networking receptions, and informational sessions to prospect for new business and understand current industry trends
- Proactively solicit new business
- Rapidly respond to all client inquiries and other communications
- Conduct and coordinate thorough site inspections, client appointments, and client entertainment
- Generate contracts to client specifications while adhering to internal pricing guidelines
- Maintain extensive knowledge of all Convene locations, including but not limited to capacity charts, zone selling, and package pricing
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive set and develop relationships with hotel and conference center counterparts
- Speak the company language as it relates to sales and operations
- Join and be actively involved with at least one industry professional organization
- Be a professional brand ambassador for Convene
- Reach and exceed budgeted goals per month
- Identify “needs” periods in coming year and coordinate with sales & marketing leaders specific action steps to fill the voids
- Attend and participate in all sales meetings and be prepared to discuss what you are working on/what you need assistance with to close business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, communication with team members, clients, property operations partners
- Ability to walk between properties
- Some Air/Train travel required
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overheard and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Danielle oversees the entire employee lifecycle, from in-depth interviews and a comprehensive onboarding process to continued learning and development throughout each individual’s career with Convene.
Back to top