We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events, but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people, and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re looking for an Account Director to join Convene’s sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing business relationships and driving $4MM in annual revenue in alignment with the company growth strategy. Account Directors are our most zealous advocates, driving engagement internally and externally through Convene’s Core Values. We need someone that can effectively engage with our clients and build meaningful relationships.
- College Degree Required BS/BA
- Minimum 5 years Sales experience in hospitality or related filed in New York markets
- Minimum 2 year experience leading a team of 2 or more colleagues
- Ability to build client deck, maximize account revenue, and work effectively with clients
- Coach Centric approach to team leadership
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for management and development of minimum 50 relationships that combined produce greater than 4 million a year
- Maintain and grow current and prospective clients and referral partners
- Attend tradeshows, receptions, and informational sessions to prospect for new business
- Proactively solicit new business through cold calling
- Rapidly response to all client inquiries and other communications
- Mentor younger members of the sales team and assist them with their growth and production daily
- Conduct and coordinate thorough site inspections, client appointments, and menu tastings
- Generate contracts to client specifications while adhering to internal pricing guidelines
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Convene space including but not limited to capacity charts, zone selling, and package pricing
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive set through bi-annual site inspections and relationships with counterparts
- Speak the company language
- Join at least one professional organization and hold a leadership position
- Reach and exceed budgeted goals per month and year
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Stephanie oversees the front-of-house operations at Convene’s 101 Park event space. She manages and assists her team in keeping clients happy and the facilities immaculately clean.
Back to top