Account Director, 225 Liberty Plaza
Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings and office market growing rapidly and showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving and growing our offerings from hosting meetings and events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
What You'll Do:
We're seeking an experienced Account Director to join our 225 Liberty Sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the property sales strategy and establishing pricing guidelines for the NYC Sales team to use. As a newly built property, developing business relationships and leveraging your current contacts from large scale production companies and past clients who you have worked with to close product launches, galas, tech conferences, fashion shows and film festivals will be essential to your success.
This role focuses on building relationships with both clients and the greater NYC sales team in an effort to help establish Convene at 225 Liberty as the most desired large scale premium event solution within the portfolio. The ideal candidate will have previous sales experience selling large scale, complex and high profile events. This person will report directly to our Area Director of Sales, Financial District and will be based in New York City with about 25-30% travel to other New York City sales locations.
Account Directors are our most zealous advocates, driving engagement internally and externally through Convene's Core Values. We need someone that can effectively engage with our clients and build meaningful relationships, that considers themselves as 'pioneers' more than 'farmers'. At the core of who they are, they embrace change and are intellectually curious.
At Convene, Account Directors are required to:
- Sell Convene as a platform, with expert knowledge of the meetings product
- Maintain and grow current and prospective clients and referral partners
- Attend tradeshows, receptions, and informational sessions to prospect for new business
- Proactively solicit new business through cold calling
- Rapidly respond to all client inquiries and other communications
- Mentor junior members of the sales team and assist them with their growth and production daily
- Conduct and coordinate thorough site inspections, client appointments, and menu tastings
- Generate contracts to client specifications while adhering to internal pricing guidelines
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Convene space including but not limited to capacity charts, events flow, package pricing and minimum revenue guidelines.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive set through bi-annual site inspections and relationships with counterparts
- Speak the company language
- Join at least one professional organization and hold a leadership position
- Reach and exceed budgeted goals per month and year
- Identify "need" period in coming year and coordinate actions steps to fill the voids through direct mail, promotions, telephone, blitzes, special packages, etc.
- Work cross functionally with marketing and revenue management, on collateral, campaign strategies, pricing/forecasting/pace.
- Actively visit client offices
- Attend all sales meetings and be prepared to discuss what you are working on and what you need assistance with to close business
- Work cohesively and dynamically with the operation, ensuring profitability through yield and client selection
- Communicate dynamically with team and clients
What We Look For:
- College Degree Required BS/BA
- Minimum 10 years Sales experience in hospitality or related field in local markets
- Ability to strategically manage owned accounts, maximizing account revenue, and work effectively with clients
- Ability to walk/travel between properties, multiple times per day
- Some train/air travel may be required
- Ability to move, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
At Convene, we're changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building - one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated "workplace-as-a-service" platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene's proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2019 and plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect as A Convene Employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth-Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Back to top