At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
Convene is the first “workplace-as-a-service company” with a mission to improve the way the world works through service and hospitality. We operate a branded network of full-service meeting and event venues and partner with 70 percent of the Fortune 500 to help them work better, enhance collaboration, and achieve their goals. We truly believe that environments have the power to positively influence the activities that happen within them. The creativity and productivity that is cultivated within our spaces lead to amazing ideas and a better flow of business.
We have also spent a lot of time thinking about what the future of meetings and workplace hospitality looks like and we’re actively working to build that vision. Our next stage of growth is partnering with the leading commercial real estate landlords to bring hospitality services and “Google-like” amenities to office buildings around the country and help office buildings run like full-service lifestyle hotels.
Convene will soon be opening another location in Washington, DC in Q4 of 2018.
Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. Convene understands that professional and personal growth can’t be isolated and we offer robust leadership, service, and training programs to all employees such as Energy Leadership and Harvard Manage Mentor courses. Our corporate benefits also include subsidized health care, 401K and life insurance. We also provide generous paid time off, holiday policies, parental leave, and paid volunteer time. We are a very collaborative and social group as well and often host team outings, happy hours, birthday celebrations, fundraisers, and charity events.
We might host Fortune 500 companies’ most important meetings and events but we don’t believe in “business to business transactions”. Rather, we see business as a combination of human to human interactions. We see extraordinary potential in ordinary people and we fully support your development. Working at Convene means building, learning, collaborating, growing, and celebrating every day. We want you to be relentless, to work on and build things you can be proud of.
We’re looking for an Account Director to join Convene’s sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing business relationships and driving revenue in alignment with the company growth strategy. We need someone that can effectively engage with our clients and build meaningful relationships.
- College Degree Required BS/BA
- 5+ years Hospitality Sales experience in the Washington, DC market
- Well-developed contacts within F500 and F1000 clients in the Washington, DC market
- Ability to build client deck, maximize account revenue, and work effectively with clients
- Coach Centric approach to team leadership
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for management and development of 30 key accounts and build revenue generating relationships with all key contacts within those accounts
- Maintain and grow current and prospective clients and referral partners
- Attend trade shows, receptions, and informational sessions to prospect for new business
- Proactively solicit new business
- Rapidly respond to all client inquiries and other communications
-Generate BUILD Leads for properties in other regions
- Mentor members of the sales team and assist them with their growth and production
- Conduct and coordinate thorough site inspections, client appointments, and menu tastings
- Generate contracts to client specifications while adhering to internal pricing guidelines
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Convene space including but not limited to capacity charts, zone selling, and package pricing
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive set through bi-annual site inspections and relationships with counterparts
- Speak the company language
- Join at least one professional organization and hold a leadership position
- Reach and exceed budgeted goals per month and year
Meet Some of Convene's Employees
Technical Product Manager
Karen collaborates with the Convene Engineering Team to ensure the company’s online booking application meets both client and business requirements.
Back to top