Continuum is currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly-growing, global software company. He/She will be responsible assisting with the month end close, procurement, monitoring sales tax filings, recording cash receipts, reconciling accounts, streamlining and automating processes, and performing financial analyses, including licenses and hosting analyses.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager. This person will contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the larger Finance Organization, working on the accounting team based in Boston.
- Analyze licenses and hosting expenses to ensure accounting is accurate.
- Work with the FP&A, IT and Engineering stake-holders to ensure that material accounting issues and changes that impact budgets are properly communicated and understood and that IT spending is classified properly in accordance with GAAP and budget.
- Assist all departments with procurement. including preparing purchase requisitions, purchase orders and related accounting analyses (to ensure timely recording and proper classification).
- Monitor license counts for corporate IT products including Zoom, Dropbox and Officer365.
- Record cash receipts from partners and identify opportunities to automate and streamline the recording of cash receipts
- Assist with sales tax compliance project to ensure proper filing in all required states and monitor monthly filings on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with the month end close ensuring it is completed timely and in compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare reconciliations and schedules for annual external audits.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analyses as needed.
- Assist with new systems implementations as required.
- Foster a culture of continual process improvement and high quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- At least 4 years of accounting experience.
- Experience with Intacct, NetSuite or other ERP financial systems.
- Experience with Zuora, Bill.com, Concur and other cloud-based applications
- Strong Excel skills required (e.g. pivot tables, look-ups, and other advanced functions).
- Analytical person with the ability to dig and research to find the right answer.
- Solid organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to understand complex subjects quickly.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a sense of urgency and desire to get results.
- Prior experience in SaaS Company is preferred but not required.
Meet Some of Continuum Managed Services's Employees
Michael George has served as CEO at Continuum since 2011, ensuring the company provides its thousands of partners with the platform and tools they need to capture their portion of the growing $241 billion managed IT services market.
Back to top