Principal Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the small team in our Boston office leading a complete re-architecture of our flagship product. Help transform our RMM platform into a reliable, scalable, modern architecture that supports long term growth and reduces operational and support costs by taking it from legacy, proprietary stack implementation to a micro services architecture utilizing best-of-breed technologies. If you enjoy learning new technologies and applying them in a practical application, you’ll find a ton of opportunity here.
- Ensure that the re-architecture of our RMM product implements the design objectives outlined by the Chief Architect by implementing POCs and code examples, and working alongside the Boston and Mumbai development teams on product development efforts.
- Coordinate making design and technology decisions for one or more parts of the product, and complete POCs and proposal presentations to gain buy-in for an approach.
- Work with colleagues on the implementation team to provide clarity and ensure progress towards goals.
- Be a senior technical resource to the development team, to help the team to adopt new languages and architecture concepts
- Be a role model for good coding practice and enforce the same through activities like design reviews, code reviews, and the application of appropriate tools to aid conformance.
- Collaborate with Engineering management to deliver high-quality features on time.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent related field
- 8+ years hands-on product development experience, preferably with SaaS products.
- Experience with the following: Open Stack technologies, Java, Golang, Cassandra, Hadoop, RESTful services, micro services, Ability to interface with .NET applications
- Experience making technical decisions, and long enough tenure to have observed the outcome of the decision.
- Previous responsibility for a significant portfolio of functionality.
- Successful track record of leading small (3-5 person) teams.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts, and experience practicing SCRUM.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Superior verbal and written communication.
Continuum is the only channel-exclusive IT management platform company that allows its Managed Services Provider (MSP) partners to maintain both on premise and cloud-based servers, desktops, mobile devices and other endpoints for their small-and-medium-sized business clients. Continuum’s SaaS platform enables MSPs to efficiently backup, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain clients’ IT infrastructure from a single pane of glass, all backed by an industry–leading Network Operations Center (NOC) and Help Desk. The company employs more than 1,300 professionals worldwide, monitors 1 million endpoints for its 5,800 partners including MSPs servicing more than 55,000 SMB customers and web hosting providers protecting nearly 250,000 servers worldwide with Continuum’s R1Soft product line. The company established the Continuum Veterans Foundation, a nonprofit organization providing financial support to charities focused on helping veterans find jobs in IT. For more information, visit https://www.continuum.net/ or https://www.r1soft.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @FollowContinuum
Equal Opportunity Employer
Continuum Managed Services, LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top