Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist is responsible for providing human resources support and services to our office in Cranberry Township, PA. He/she will contribute by supporting the employees and management team to help deliver effective and consistent HR programs and policies.
The HR Generalist will act as a business partner to the employees and management and will proactively identify issues and develop and implement HR services and solutions to as well as effectively deploy key HR initiatives.
This position reports to the Manager of HR based in Cranberry Township, PA.
- Serve as a proactive business partner to employees and management, contribute to the development and improvement of HR strategies and programs and lead implementation efforts in our PA office.
- Provide counsel and guidance to management on employee relations issues, conduct comprehensive employee relations investigations and consult with HR and management to resolve issues; ensure ongoing compliance with company policies and all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and regulations affecting the HR function and ensures policies, procedures and reporting to be in compliance.
- Recommend new approaches, corrective actions and updates to policies and procedures to effect continual improvements.
- Administers various human resource policies for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook.
- Assist in the administration of employee leave of absences and FMLA.
- ADP HRIS reporting and electronic file management.
- Participates in the evaluation of reports and decisions in relation to established departmental goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to improve company culture.
- Manage the Initial and Open Enrollment benefit periods for all eligible employees.
- Coordinate and deliver learning and development activities; assist with onboarding and assimilating new employees to the company and position.
- Manage and assist with the annual performance reviews process including coaching and working with managers to deliver effective and thoughtful reviews.
- Assist the Manager of HR in improving manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; determine on-going training needs, coaching and counseling.
- Act as a communication agent for management to ensure employees receive important information in a timely and effective manner.
- Successfully establish and maintain professional relationships with employees and managers at all levels.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 4+ years of broad, progressive responsibility in a professional HR role; experience working in a help desk environment and/or a large non-exempt population a plus.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, ADP Workforcenow, iCIMS Platform.
- Excellent communication, time management, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of employment law and practices.
- Ability to handle high level of confidentiality regarding employee information.
- Ability to apply independent judgment on employee relations issues and escalate issues to management in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and effectively coach employees and management.
- Self-motivated and able to contribute individually as well as part of a team.
- Previous benefits administration experience.
- PHR or SPHR Certification a plus.
Back to top