Help Desk Technician Level 2
Help Desk Technician – Level 2
LOCATION: Cranberry, PA
Solve our customer’s technical problems!
Continuum's Help Desk provides real-time 24x7 support to thousands of client desktops and devices around the United States and other countries. The Help Desk Technician Level 2 will report to the Help Desk Supervisor and provide remote technical guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on customer questions, problems or malfunctions of all Apple and PC-related issues with a goal of first contact resolution.
Continuum Managed IT Services is the technology industry's only channel-exclusive provider of fully integrated managed IT services, allowing its Managed Services Provider (MSP) partners to maintain both on premise and cloud-based servers, desktops, mobile devices and other endpoints for small-and-medium-sized businesses. Continuum’s SaaS platform enables MSPs to efficiently backup, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain clients’ IT infrastructure from a single pane of glass, all backed by an industry–leading network operations center (NOC) and Help Desk. MSPs leverage Continuum’s pay-as-you-grow business model to scale IT services without committing to long-term contracts and to reserve in-house staff for strategic initiatives. The company employs more than 1,100 professionals worldwide, supports nearly 4,000 partners and monitors about 750,000 endpoints.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Continuum is a rapidly growing SaaS company with a highly differentiated position in its industry due to its integrated services model. Since its formation four years ago, Continuum has more than doubled its revenue, acquired a market-leading technology company in the backup and disaster recovery space, and launched a series of innovative new products and services. Although Continuum already attracts customers internationally, they recently established physical presence in London and Sydney to begin a far more aggressive global expansion. Continuum is majority-owned by one of the nation’s leading growth equity firms, Summit Partners.
Continuum has an informal, non-hierarchical culture. The team is entrepreneurial, with a collaborative working style and a focus on creating a great working environment for its employees. Continuum is passionate about its customers – delivering superior service, building strong relationships, and responding to their needs through innovative solutions.
CONTINUUM’S HELP DESK BUSINESS:
Continuum’s Help Desk business delivers white-labeled, 24 x 7 technical support services to approximately 48,000 end-users who are employed by several thousand small and medium-sized businesses located in the US, UK and Australia. The Help Desk business, located in Cranberry, PA and Mumbai, India, has grown more than 50% in each of the last two years and similar growth is anticipated for the foreseeable future. During 2016, we expect to select and begin build-out of a second facility to house our growing workforce.
- Assist other technicians with requests for assistance with technical issues through IM, walk-ups, email, and via warm transfer where possible.
- Resolve escalated issues from a queue.
- Communicate technical tips and news throughout the team and by authoring knowledge base articles to further general knowledge.
- Educate technicians who have escalated incidents on the how these have been resolved.
- Assist operations in identifying initial skill gaps through escalated issues.
- Accept inbound calls from the ACD queue as necessary
- Model excellent customer service, process and technical skill.
- Model knowledge base solution usage and authoring.
- Model the necessity of ongoing learning and
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a Help Desk/Support Center environment
- Apple operating systems
- Windows operating systems
- Proficient in Active Directory
- Knowledge of network basics
- Email clients (Microsoft Outlook)
- Knowledge of VPN basics
- Excellent communication, written and verbal are vital
- Excellent customer service skills are vital
- College or Technical Institute degree in Information Technology or other related discipline required. May be substituted by 4 or more years of experience in a Service Desk/Call Center environment.
- Minimum of three current IT certifications (see RA ID: 041514911162030)
Meet Some of Continuum Managed Services's Employees
Director, Media Production
Scott manages the Production Team that handles all of the company’s digital media assets and creates materials to help Continuum’s partners grow their businesses.
Back to top