Technical Project Manager
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced client-facing project manager with strong technical skills. You must have the technical depth to be able to manage complex engineering projects and collaborate knowledgeably with our clients, consultants and development teams. You will need to lead by example, driving disparate teams toward a common vision while consulting and educating the client through the entire project. You are the champion of our client’s vision, objectives, solution quality, and our margins.
We are looking for someone to bridge our consultant and product development teams, continually monitor progress and identify and resolve issues, communicate real-time progress, and ensure efficiency. You're independent, organized, thrive in small team, startup environments, and like to be the "connector" between teams. We are looking for someone who can join us right away in our Austin Office.
Continuum fosters a culture of the following core values that energize and engage our team members:
Passionate CONTRIBUTION – engaging deeply as community builders.
Spirit of CRAFTSMANSHIP – taking an ownership and pride in our work, tools and continual improvement.
Continuous LEARNING – listening, learning, and when appropriate teaching, both internally and externally.
TEAM-Based Results – proactively working well together to produce amazing results with each individual being humble, hungry, and smart (especially about people). All have a voice in appropriate channels, but decisions are based on specialization and accountability structure.
CUSTOMER-Driven Action –prioritize customer meetings and relationships and be easy to do business with. Recognize that all that we do at Continuum is driven and prioritized by customers.
Your role at Continuum:
- Help clients set up and manage their most complex projects; define functional requirements for technology solutions.
- Manage day to day interactions between consulting teams and clients.
- Manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design, prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for our customers.
- Develop and maintain relationship with top decision makers; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; co-own the contract renewal process with the customer.
- 4+ years of experience as a project manager in a client-facing role
- 4+ years planning and managing project initiatives in a Project Management Office (PMO) or similar team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of software development processes and how software development projects are estimated, tracked, and measured
- Extremely organized and able to juggle multiple projects and teams at the same time
- Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to break down technical, design, product and business requirements into actionable creative and development tasks
- Experience building documentation and project plans
- Experience managing project planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Capable of assessing project risks, establishing mitigation plan, and communicating to the team
- Experience using project status reports to track project metrics and report to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm, diplomatic, and cooperative under stressful and dynamic conditions
- Ability to prioritize, exceptional attention to detail and follow-through in a fast paced environment
- Desire to take a hands on approach to better understand the technical challenges faced by the development team
- Experience with project planning tools MS Excel, MS Project, JIRA/Confluence etc.
- Familiarity with Continuum’s software product stack and Python programming language
- Project Management Methodology (PMP) exposure
- Technical degree
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Continuum is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of data, analytics, and visualization. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and with each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on things that have a global impact, whether it's modeling risk and detecting fraud in the financial markets, or accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism. We are part of a global community on the cutting edge of open source analytics, and our employees gain exposure and participate in all that.
Continuum Analytics develops Anaconda, the leading modern open source analytics platform powered by Python. More than two million users have adopted the Anaconda platform in less than three years, and growth continues to accelerate. Customers include more than 200 of the Fortune 500, 19 of the Fortune 25 and 8,000 universities around the world. Boeing, Procter & Gamble, Pepsi, Schlumberger, the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Securities and Exchange Commission are among current industry leaders who rely on Anaconda.
To learn more about the Anaconda platform, training and consulting services, visit www.continuum.io.
Meet Some of Continuum Analytics's Employees
Kristopher works to develop both products and software for Continuum Analytics. In addition to creating code, Kristopher acts a Continuum consultant on projects in financial and scientific computing sectors.
Back to top