Software Engineer, Python/Hadoop
Continuum Analytics is a young tech startup based in downtown Austin. We are leading the world with open source data analytics tools, built around the Python ecosystem. With 90 people in Austin and another 50 located around the world, we're advancing the state of the art in high performance data processing, visualization and collaboration. We develop open source libraries, free toolkits, and enterprise software suites, as well as provide training and consulting services.
We are looking for great engineers who are excited to be part of building our libraries, tools, services, and commercial platforms. If you love data analytics, open source software, and Python then we'd love to hear from you.
This position is for a New York City based client and will require some on-site presence, however remote working is a possibility for strong candidates.
Additional comments and requirements:
- Commercial software development experience in an object oriented language
- Familiar with modern agile team software engineering processes and tools
- 4+ years of Python and min 2 yrs Hadoop experience
- Deep working knowledge of both Python/Pandas and Hadoop/Yarn
- Demonstrated domain expertise
- Experience or working knowledge of Spark and Dask is a plus
Meet Some of Continuum Analytics's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering & Implementation
Duane and his team provide potential customers with sales insights, putting together presentations to explain how Continuum Analytics' products can help solve their problems.
Back to top