Software Engineer / Dev Ops Engineer
Title: Software Developer / DevOps Engineer
Key role, responsibilities and tasks
This hybrid role is part of the core platform software development team, but includes a significant devops responsibility. This includes orchestrating and facilitating deployment of build and test resources for internal projects, which are used to provide Conda packages and for continuous integration. The ideal candidate is interested in coding on the core platform, but is also equally interested in the operational aspects of devops. Because our software platform itself consists of a Kubernetes- and Docker-based application orchestration framework, this role allows the developer to work with these technologies in both operational and programmatic contexts.
- Building images and release engineering for our enterprise platform, which consists of a multitude of docker images using Kubernetes
- Standing up clusters for dev integration test
- Standing up integration testbeds comprised of 3rd party software that reproduces customer environments (various databases, Hadoop/Spark, common enterprise network & proxy configurations)
- Work closely with implementation engineering: provide them with information about the software, incorporate their feedback into our product and test environments
- Strong knowledge of docker and kubernetes
- On-prem and cloud infrastructure management (VMware vSphere, AWS, GCP)
- Configuration management and orchestration (ansible, salt, terraform)
- Knowledge of best practices for orchestrating enterprise web applications, including enterprise authentication systems (LDAP, AD, Kerberos, 2FA)
- Familiarity with modern web application concepts: Python WSGI/HTTP stack, proxying, websockets, SSL, OAuth, browser security model
- Intermediate knowledge of the Python programming language (3 years)
- Knowledge of data analysis & data science workflow patterns is not a pre-requisite, but a “nice to have” for this position.
Meet Some of Continuum Analytics's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering & Implementation
Duane and his team provide potential customers with sales insights, putting together presentations to explain how Continuum Analytics' products can help solve their problems.
Back to top