Senior UI Developer
Continuum fosters a culture of the following primary values that energize and engage our team members:
- Passionate CONTRIBUTION – engaging deeply as community builders
- Spirit of CRAFTSMANSHIP – taking an ownership and pride in our work, tools and continual improvement
- Continuous LEARNING – listening, learning, and when appropriate teaching, both internally and externally
- TEAM-Based Results – proactively working well together to produce amazing results with each individual being humble, hungry, and smart (especially about people). All have a voice in appropriate channels, but decisions are based on specialization and accountability structure.
- CUSTOMER-Driven Action
- Allow the designers to focus on their role, and back-end development to focus on theirs by being responsible for the front end development across Continuum’s Open Data Science Platform.
- From provided brand guidelines and examples, you will build the JS/HTML/CSS to create an effective, scalable, and consistent interface.
- Create reusable and modular front-end components
- Avoid visual debt by implementing the absolute best technical expression of our designers specifications and work with them to make any appropriate tradeoffs
- Act as a key member and regularly participate and interact as part of a cross-functional user experience team
- Working with members of the design team and other product teams, occasionally participate in product development team analysis and collaborative feature and interaction design sessions
Requirements and Position Qualifications
- Knowledge and expertise in building applications with extremely rich user interactions (e.g. desktop application-like)
- At least 3 years of experience focused on building commercial enterprise web applications front-ends, with a total of at least 5 years of overall web application development.
- Familiarity using code quality tools, automation, and various best practices to ensure high long-term quality
- From time to time, you may be called on to create various working prototypes
- Strong team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be based in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- Experience building high-quality, packaged enterprise applications that are deployed in ways that make it a challenge to provide fast updates
- Experience and/or desire to contribute to the “full-stack” of our applications
- Experience with TypeScript, Tornado, Flask, and/or Django
- Working knowledge, or at least an appreciation of Python-based applications
- GitHub experience
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Continuum is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of data, analytics, and visualization. Candidates for technical roles should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and with each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on things that have a global impact, whether it's modeling risk and detecting fraud in the financial markets, or accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism. We are part of a global community on the cutting edge of open source analytics, and our employees gain exposure and participate in all that.
Continuum Analytics develops Anaconda, the leading modern open source analytics platform powered by Python. More than two million users have adopted the Anaconda platform in less than three years, and growth continues to accelerate. Customers include more than 200 of the Fortune 500, 19 of the Fortune 25 and 8,000 universities around the world. Boeing, Procter & Gamble, Pepsi, Schlumberger, the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Securities and Exchange Commission are among current industry leaders who rely on Anaconda.
We have recently secured a $24 million Series A funding round led by General Catalyst Partners and BuildGroup, bringing total funding to-date to $34 million. We’re growing fast and looking for A Players to take us to the next phase of our business.
To learn more about the Anaconda platform, training and consulting services, visit www.continuum.io.
Back to top