Senior Marketing Specialist, Events & Communications
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, the primary focus of this position is planning and executing strategic tradeshows, user conferences and internal events that enable lead generation and increase brand awareness of the company and our platform. This role is also responsible for managing and optimizing an overall budget to show it’s ROI. The secondary focus of this position includes working closely with the Director of Marketing Communications to plan and execute a strategic industry analyst relations program. Our ideal candidate is someone very detail oriented, with strong communications, problem solving and writing skills.
- Define an events strategy that supports the company’s sales, marketing and product objectives
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team to establish the creative direction, promotion, collateral, swag and any other event materials
- Arrange event logistics including invitations, event registration, catering, lodging, AV, photography, booth shipment, attendee management and more
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and venues in order to deliver high quality events within budget
- Act as onsite staff for events when needed, including setup, booth staff and cleanup
- Own event budgets and calendar, including communicating key timelines and priorities on a per event basis. Evaluate expenses and look for opportunities to increase efficiencies and cost savings
- Develop and maintain external relations with key industry analysts
- Work closely with executives and other corporate spokespersons on preparation for analyst opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 4+ years’ experience leading both high-profile (500+ attendees) and smaller, intimate events
- Ability to travel 30%; must be based in Austin, TX
Ability to meet deadlines and manage a high-volume workload in a dynamic environment, with sometimes changing priorities
Focused on driving results; able to track metrics and measure and operationalize program effectiveness
Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills, with experience managing communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups and good writing skills
Creative, strategic thinker who must have strong project management skills and the demonstrated ability to manage and support multiple projects
Anaconda By Continuum Analytics offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment
About Anaconda Powered By Continuum Analytics
Continuum Analytics is the creator and driving force behind Anaconda, the leading Open Data Science platform powered by Python. We put superpowers into the hands of people who are changing the world.
With more than 3M downloads and growing, Anaconda is trusted by the world’s leading businesses across industries––financial services, government, health & life sciences, technology, retail & CPG, oil & gas––to solve the world’s most challenging problems. Anaconda does this by helping everyone in the data science team discover, analyze and collaborate by connecting their curiosity and experience with data. With Anaconda, teams manage their Open Data Science environments without any hassles to harness the power of the latest open source analytic and technology innovations.
Our community loves Anaconda because it empowers the entire data science team––data scientists, developers, DevOps, architects and business analysts––to connect the dots in their data and accelerate the time-to-value that is required in today’s world. To ensure our customers are successful, we offer comprehensive support, training and professional services.
Continuum Analytics' founders and developers have created and contributed to some of the most popular Open Data Science technologies, including NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, Jupyter/IPython, Bokeh, Numba and many others. Continuum Analytics is venture-backed by General Catalyst and BuildGroup.
To learn more, visit http://www.continuum.io.
Back to top