Continuum Analytics is the creator and driving force behind, Anaconda, the leading Open Data Science platform and counts more than 200 of the Fortune 500, 19 of the Fortune 25 and 8,000 universities around the world as part of the Anaconda community. Anaconda is downloaded hundreds of thousands of times per month with total downloads of over 5M from late 2012. You will be part of a growing company whose products connect the brightest minds with their data, while learning a great deal both from those you work with and the customers you support.
We are seeking technically savvy and experienced Sales Engineers to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for articulating and demonstrating the value of our software products to technical prospects, business users and buyers. You will partner with our Sales professionals to work through all stages of the sales cycle, including needs discovery, technical evaluation and deployment planning. You will also be a key vector along which market needs flow back into the product and engineering teams to influence the direction of not just our products, but our company. This is a hands-on role, and we are specifically looking for those with a track record of success to join us.
- Participate in phone, online and in-person sales meetings with prospects and existing customers.
- Manage customer trials and proof-of-concepts.
- Develop presentations, demonstrations and prototypes that articulate the value of our software
- Articulate and educate on technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including data scientists, architects, and IT professionals
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Respond to functional and technical RFPs
- Stay up to date on technical skills, product releases and product features.
- Document and communicate product feedback and new requirements from the field
- 3+ years of enterprise pre-sales engineering experience
- Proven analysis and problem solving expertise
- Experience delivering presentations and demonstrations to senior level business and technical audiences
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Data science, analytics, or business intelligence experience
- An understanding of big-data systems (Hadoop, Spark etc.)
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Ability to travel up to 35%
Nice to have qualifications:
- Unix/Linux competency
- Competency in at least one programming language, ideally Python
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Undergraduate degree in STEM field
Back to top