Sr. Full Stack Web Engineer
WHO WE ARE
ContextMedia:Health improves health outcomes for patients, providers and life science companies. We provide technologies incorporating hardware, software and media content that educates, empowers and activates people living with a chronic condition to improve their quality of life. With presence in 25,000 healthcare practices nationally, we continue to scale 265% YOY and have been recognized by Forbes, Crain's and Inc for our culture, business growth and innovation.
We are a group of creative problem-solvers - with hustle and grit in our DNA - who fight until we win, and do so collaboratively. We believe in communication with transparency, purpose before self and ownership over outcomes.
WHO WE NEED
We are looking for someone who wants to join our team to make a tangible impact on patients' lives in a positive, respectful, fast-paced, and fun environment. At ContextMedia, we have designed and operate a large-scale server/client platform to remotely manage thousands of Android tablets and Linux/Android media players, which facilitate real time communications, remote configuration, and a GUI player app for patients to view in the physician’s waiting room and exam room.
The solution itself includes features commonly included in most MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions such as:
Silent install, uninstall and update of applications (no end user intervention necessary for installation)Granular control of devices at the node level - for functions such as the volume of the device, restarting the device, dimming the device, and kiosk modeReal Time monitoring of devices at the node level for online/offline status, battery status, performance monitoring (CPU, memory, etc), and more
In order to help further develop our infrastructure, we are looking for someone with the following skills and passion:
- 5-10 years with a full stack web framework preferably Ruby on Rails, but open to LAMP, Java, and Django
- An obsession with writing high quality, test covered code with a healthy balance of TDD and continuous integration (Jenkins) in an agile, sprint based environment
- Enhancing performance (memory, database, disk I/O) issues up and down the software stack on Linux based servers utilizing monitoring frameworks such as Sensu
- Scaling and operating a large, robust network of remote Android and Linux media platforms using WebSockets and heartbeats
- Scaling via threading frameworks and caching such as Sidekiq and memcache
- Interfacing with web services and third party APIs including RESTful
- Working with both SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL and MongoDB
- A desire to write metrics-driven code that will be measured post deployment as part of the dev cycle using frameworks such as MixPanel and Redshift
- A deep interest in the product development lifecycle, automation when appropriate, and refactoring with CodeClimate
- Compassion and empathy for your teammates in highly collaborative environment; team player in a fun, respectful, positive environment
- Open source contributions a big plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing why you'd like to join the ContextMedia family.
Back to top