WHO WE ARE
ContextMedia:Health improves health outcomes for patients, providers and life science companies. We provide technologies incorporating hardware, software and media content that educates, empowers and activates people living with a chronic condition to improve their quality of life. With presence in 25,000 healthcare practices nationally, we continue to scale 265% YOY and have been recognized by Forbes, Crain's and Inc for our culture, business growth and innovation.
We are a group of creative problem-solvers - with hustle and grit in our DNA - who fight until we win, and do so collaboratively. We believe in communication with transparency, purpose before self and ownership over outcomes.
WHO WE NEED
At ContextMedia, we remotely manage thousands of patient education systems – waiting room TVs, exam room tablets, interactive digital wallboards and WiFi access points. We frequently push content and features that make a positive difference in patient/doctor interaction. We're looking for an individual who can evolve our database infrastructure as we continue to add thousands more tablets and media players. This person will work closely with Engineering and Devops .
- Database administration - install, configure, upgrade, and migrate existing databases
- Serve as an escalation point for any defined database issues regarding performance, security, and ongoing maintenance
- Automate various DBA tasks
- Optimization of database performance
- Devise and implement key constraints to ensure database integrity
- Work with developers and support engineers to troubleshoot and optimize queries and performance bottlenecks of the applications.
- Assist in formalizing and updating database policies, procedures, and technical standards, including disaster recovery planning
- MySQL DBA experience in a 24x7 production environment.
- 3-5 years of database management/administration and performance tuning experience
- Strong proficiency with Linux
- Experience with version control; specifically Git and GitHub.
- Mastery of one or more of: Python, Ruby, Bash, or other scripting language
- Understanding of virtualization environments
- Experience in cloud based environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Familiarity with Percona toolkit
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing why you'd like to join the ContextMedia family.
Meet Some of ContextMedia's Employees
Client Success Manager
Brittni ensures that ContextMedia’s programs run smoothly and efficiently so doctors can provide the information and education their patients need in order to make informed choices.
Back to top