Mortgage Loan Underwriter
The Consumers Credit Union team is looking to hire a passionate Mortgage Loan Underwriter to join our team. As a Mortgage Loan Underwriter, you will be responsible for approving mortgage loans, following credit union standards.
Our ideal candidate has 2-5 years of experience, a thorough knowledge of underwriting process and procedures, experience with Emcompass, and can consistently demonstrate strong logic and reasoning skills.
As an employee of Consumers Credit Union, you are genuine and passionate. You are purposeful and like to be the solution, but more importantly, you are a servant leader.
What you will do:
- Review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property and loan conditions meet credit union and government standards. Utilize DU underwriting findings to underwrite mortgage loan files according to FNMA, Credit Union policy and Credit Union procedures.
- Apply knowledge and judgement to detailed loan analysis in order to offer effective underwriting alternatives for the member/borrowers.
- Communicate with the team activity and issues related to the underwriting of files to originators, processors, and management.
- Approve or reject loan application or requests additional information.
- Perform underwriting review of appraisals in compliance with credit union policy, investor guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Work efficiently in all mortgage loan origination systems.
- Ensure closing documents are in compliance with policies and procedures; All documents and insurance policies have been properly signed, endorsed and remain current in loan file.
- Maintain files in accordance with credit union policies and record retention guidelines.
- Attend training as required to obtain certification as a HUD Direct Endorsement underwriter.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-5 years equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of underwriting process and procedures
- Knowledge of credit union and government standards
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ambitious and self-starting
- Proven analytical and math skills
- Adept at personal time management and working successfully within limited time constraints
- Consistently demonstrate strong logic and reasoning skills
What you didn't know about the team:
Not only does the Mortgage Operations team help members with one of the largest investments they will have in their lifetime, they also enjoy ordering in pizza and the occasional Culver’s concrete mixer treat as an afternoon “pick me up.”
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
Meet Some of Consumers Credit Union's Employees
Mortgage Loan Officer
Renee works directly with members, educating and supporting them in making good decisions when it comes to the significant undertaking of building, purchasing, or refinancing a home.
Back to top