The Compliance Manager is responsible for the management of the credit union’s Compliance Program. The program has been designed to align with an Enterprise Risk Management philosophy, whereby the Compliance Manager provides advisory services designed to enable Management and the Compliance Committee to manage legal and regulatory risks.
What you will do:
- Serve as coordinator of the credit union’s Compliance Committee, adhering to the Compliance Committee Charter; responsible for setting agenda, leading meetings, and facilitating the decision-making process.
- Serve as the credit union's Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC Compliance Officer as appointed by the BOD, adhering to the role’s job description provided by the BOD.
- Serve as coordinator for the Policy Committee of the Board of Directors, adhering to the Policy Committee Charter and Procedures.
- Perform risk assessments to advise whether the credit union’s products, processes, and documentation are consistent with the credit union’s risk appetite.
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide compliance risk assessment and related summary materials to enable Compliance Committee to understand the compliance risk profile of the organization.
- Conduct research and stay abreast of regulation changes to evaluate whether credit union policies and procedures are accurate, current, and consistent with the credit union’s risk appetite. Review and propose modifications to policies and procedures as laws change.
- Actively monitor regulatory changes and inform management and staff of changes that could affect their specific operations. Interpret and disseminate information on regulatory matters. Provide ongoing advice regarding regulatory changes to all personnel affected.
- Provide support to the Training Department to develop and provide effective compliance education through in-person and online channels.
- Provide legal guidance regarding complex trust, power of attorney, estate, and fiduciary documents. When needed, communicate directly with members regarding complex transaction matters. Provide research and guidance on regulatory and other complex matters.
- Provide Risk Reviews for marketing materials.
- Assist in developing and modifying credit union forms, disclosures, and other agreements used in credit union operations.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required.
- At least 5 years of related experience in an audit, compliance, or risk management role.
- Strong verbal, written, and public speaking skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret regulations and laws and disseminate information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations within the credit union industry, with industry compliance credentials preferred (i.e. CUCE, NCCO, BSACS, CAMS).
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
We are a proud Veteran & Military Friendly Employer.
Back to top