User Experience Manager
- Yonkers, NY
Have a soft spot for non-profit companies whose mission is to help others? Are you a strategic thinker and a killer digital designer who thinks boldly about leaping tall problems with creative solutions?
Come and lead the user experience design for our fast-moving entrepreneurial Consumer Reports New Ventures Team. We are looking to ideate, launch, and grow new products and services that help consumers and make the marketplace more fair and just. We need someone who can hit the ground running and will be familiar with all aspects of new product design and development.
What you will do
- Work side-by-side with product and user research teams to isolate and test the best products for key user problem spaces
- Design fast and iterative prototypes to communicate and market possible experiences
- Know principles of design thinking and be connected to all aspects of user research techniques
- Lead working sessions with the team to help problem solve and brainstorm
- Generate storyboards, task flows, consumer journeys, and animated experience prototypes
- Manage outside design agencies
- Be an active advocate for the user, both in the work you create and in the conversations you have with stakeholders
- You have 8+ years of practical experience in user experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a Lead role at either a major agency, a large commercial Web site, or startups.
- You can be a user experience team of one--comfortable with dreaming up strategy as well as being hands on with designing great experiences.
- You have knowledge of startup principles and methodologies with key knowledge of user research
- You have a proven ability to think out of the box, challenge the status quo while keeping user interest in mind
- You have a proven track record in usable interfaces and responsive products
- You are a self starter and a constant design learner
- You have strong management experience and have led creative teams; worked with outside agencies; recruited and managed freelancers towards a common vision
- You can keep pace with new technologies, agile processes
- You have earned a degree in a relevant field
- You have an overall understanding of various technologies used in building digital experiences
- You are proficient in all the modern design tools
Back to top