Test Project Leader
- Yonkers, NY
Consumer Reports is looking for a new Test Project Leader! Our Project Leaders oversee testing projects, ensure that testing protocols and procedures are followed, and develop methodologies to meet testing objectives.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees test projects.
- Implements testing protocols and ensures proper implementation.
- Knowledge of test methodologies, equipment and protocols
- Ensures that test data meet established standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and dependability.
- Designs and helps to build test equipment and develops methods to accomplish goals defined by test protocols as required.
- Prepares preliminary test project protocols.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to existing test procedures.
- Actively participates as a member of a product testing and content team, conferring with other team members as necessary to ensure objectives for quality and timeliness are met.
- Ensures quality of test projects and strives for continuous quality improvement by celebrating successes and reducing errors.
- Ensures maintenance and calibration of lab equipment.
- Ensures ratings are delivered accurately and within established deadlines.
- Interacts with manufacturers and retailers as necessary.
- Performs other duties of the department, but not those of a higher level
- BS college degree or equivalent background with experience in consumer product testing.
- Proficiency in testing techniques and practices within one or more product categories.
- Ability to complete complex assignments requiring ingenuity, originality and resourcefulness.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, including technical report-writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to use independent judgment to meet rigid deadlines.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, as well as hardware and software for data acquisition and interpretation.
Back to top