- Yonkers, NY
Consumer Reports is seeking to hire a Systems Engineer to join our cutting edge IT organzation. As a CR Systems Engineer you will install, administer, and optimize enterprise systems and related components to achieve high performance all supported enterprise systems, environments, and applications. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, coordinating all new implementations, and supporting processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server and client environment.
- Works with the IT Enterprise team to build, manage and administer all enterprise systems.
- Daily operation support including, monitor, troubleshoot, maintain and administer all supported environments, systems, and applications.
- Handle complex level 3 incidents; determine resolution action that will support operational and support staff needs.
- Monitors daily system activity, verify the integrity and availability of all environments, systems, processes, and applications.
- Leads the evaluation, testing, and implementation of enterprise technologies, which includes research, installing hardware/software, preparing the environment, implement processes with built-in methods and/or custom scripting, and writing procedures.
- Provision/Deprovision processes for accounts, systems and environments.
- Supports telecommunications infrastructure and associated software, including call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
- Supports and administers server/data backup processes, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning.
- Operates systems within an on-premise and remote Data Center environment in addition to Virtual environments including VMware, IAAS (AWS and GCP).
- Support on premise applications and SAAS solutions.
- May perform other duties of the department, but not those of a higher level.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting and maintaining enterprise systems.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies, system configuration, and design. AWS and/or GCP. In addition, experience managing various SAAS applications.
- Experiencing integrating systems using scheduled jobs, custom scripting, and rest APIs.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of the Windows operating system and Linux distributions. Includes OS management tools to support these systems.
- Experience using scripting languages and rest APIs to automate/integrate/provision/de-provision system/application/environment processes, and management functions (on-premise, cloud and/or hybrid).
- Understanding of Directory Services, role-based security, including Active Directory, AWS, GCP, LDAP, and SSO technologies.
- Good understanding of network protocols such as TCP\IP, Subnets, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with G Suite administration.
- Experience with VMware.
- Strong skills in the area of planning, installation, configuration, analysis, troubleshooting, proactive problem management, monitoring, backup, recovery, capacity management, performance management, and preventive maintenance of enterprise Citrix operations
- Experience with IAAS platforms (AWS and/or GCP), system configuration and design.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot network problems related to performance connectivity issues, and/or configuring network components.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills. The capacity to work well under pressure and to handle diversified day-to-day tasks is essential.
- Experience Cisco Telecommunications and Cisco UCS Manager a plus.
- Needs to be highly motivated and able to work flexible hours with minimum supervision.
Back to top