Software Engineer, Data Engineering
We are seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer to join Data Engineering team to design, develop, deploy, and maintain complex data management applications, data pipelines and data visualizations.
- Design, develop, and deploy various data management applications.
- Design, develop, and deploy REST Data APIs to be used by digital products.
- Design, develop, and deploy data pipelines, and ETLs that ingest, map, aggregate, and broadcast data feeds to internal and external groups at CR.
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback, and determine implementation/execution approaches.
- Work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing data engineering systems.
- Help streamline software development by contributing to the implementation of a continuous integration process, automating manual processes, and eliminating defects.
- Performs other duties as assigned but not at a higher level.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or similar technical discipline is required.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with object-oriented Programming languages and frameworks - Java/JEE, Spring, Spring Batch, Spring Boot
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in developing Web Services (REST APIs)
- Working knowledge of RBDMS/ No Sql Databases - Oracle, MongoDB
- Experience developing Data management Applications (functionally performing CRUD operations)
- Working knowledge of unix shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Data Visualization tools - Tableau
- Experience working in cloud environment - AWS
- Exposure to adhoc data analysis is a plus - Python
- Experience working with modern tools in the Agile software development life cycle - Version Control Systems (Ex. git, github, Stash/BitBucket), Knowledge Management (Ex. Confluence, Google Docs), Development Workflow (Ex. Jira), Continuous Integration (Ex. Bamboo), Real Time Collaboration (Ex. Hipchat, Slack)
Back to top