Senior Software Engineer - Backend
The Senior eCommerce Engineer is an intregral part of the eCommerce team responsible for designing and building software components for the delivery of web applications to millions of Consumer Reports users. This role involves working hand-in-hand with business units to build state of the art scalable and robust web applications that are consumer centric.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- 7+ years experience working with Java web application platforms, knowledge of Spring Framework preferred.
- 5+ years developing and/or designing RESTful API services. Knowledge of OSGi a plus.
- Strong experience in developing and delivering secure solutions which meet PCI/DSS guidelines.
- Experience of configuration management for web servers such as Apache, Nginx
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks for environment management
- Strong experience of Oracle, SQL, or object relational database design concepts and practices
- Experience in integrating payment processing solutions such as Paymentech, Stripe, PayPal or Amazon
- Experience in developing and maintaining large-scale, high visibility applications and systems
- Experience w/ messaging software components such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ a plus
- Experience w/ deployments and management of cloud based architectures, Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment a plus
- Experience w/ MuleSoft and/or ElasticPath e-commerce platform a plus.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and effectively communicate solutions.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate w/ project managers, product ownership, and IT leadership about technical solutions
- Proven track record in developing high quality applications on schedule in an iterative, fast-paced development environment
- Firm understanding of development tools, automated build processes, and source control.
- Ability to work independently, as well as cooperate with others in team efforts
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills.
- Design, develop, test and maintain CR’s customer and customer service Java-based e-commerce web applications
- Provides technical advice, guidance and informal training to team members relating to software design and implementation approaches.
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback, and work with team members/IT management to determine implementation/execution approaches.
- Work with project managers, e-commerce engineering team, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
- Help streamline software development by contributing to implementation of a continuous integration process, automating manual processes, and stamp out defects.
- Adhere to agile SDLC best practices
- Write unit tests to support platform testability
- Conduct code reviews of developer code submissions
- Document code changes in JIRA for auditability
- Document solutions as part of the ecommerce knowledge base and wiki
- Support the deployment production level code and updates
- Monitor and troubleshoot any production issues to ensure business continuity
- Support operations team for planned production outages that involve the e-commerce platform
- Performs other duties as assigned but not at a higher level.
Meet Some of Consumer Reports's Employees
Quality Assurance Manager
Seema works in IT, managing a QA Team tasked with optimizing CR’s website and ensuring an error free experience for visitors to CR.org.
Back to top