Senior Policy Analyst, Cars & Product Safety
- Washington, DC
Marketplace failures continue to generate numerous preventable deaths and injuries on our roads and in our homes. Every year, car crashes kill at least 36,000 people and injure at least 2.5 million, while consumer products are tied to at least 8,000 deaths and 15.5 million emergency room visits.
If you think we all deserve better and want to help create a safer marketplace, come join CR as our Senior Policy Engineer/Analyst, Cars and Product Safety. You will carry out sophisticated research and data analysis on the current and future safety of cars and household products while also being a public-facing consumer advocate.
The Engineer/Analyst can be based out of our office in Washington, D.C.; Yonkers, NY; Colchester, CT; or San Francisco, CA.
A cover letter is required with resume submission.
What you will do
- Advocate for public policy and business practices to protect consumers from safety hazards based on informed analysis.
- Harness the power of big data to help CR drive the conversation on the future of safety.
- Deliver insights based on advanced analysis, research and rapid response to emerging issues to CR staff, outside stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Create and share visualizations, reports, visual/spoken presentations and fact sheets with the public, media and other non-technical audiences.
- May manage a research assistant and other staff’s workload as required.
- You have a Master’s of Engineering, Science or other similar field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Your experience includes engineering-economic analysis, modeling, or statistics and data science/analytics, including extraction and compilation of raw data, and providing appropriate analysis or recommendations.
- You are highly proficient in statistical, analysis and modeling tools, including several of Excel, Access, Python, R, SPSS and Matlab, or their equivalents.
- You are experienced in data visualization and dashboard tools and functions.
- Experience in the automotive or product safety field is strongly preferred, but not required.
Back to top