Senior Innovation Strategy Analyst
Join a multi-disciplinary team responsible for strategic planning, consumer insights, and launching new businesses at Consumer Reports. You should have a passion for informing new product development using consumer insights, demographic trends and competitor intelligence. If putting together data-driven strategies and finding innovative solutions to consumer problems motivates you, then read on...
- Develops business cases and strategic options based on industry and consumer insights, internal capabilities, financial models, feasibility assessments and ROI analysis to support planning initiatives. Develops market sizing, pricing comparison and partner identification for new ventures.
- Collects, analyzes and synthesizes complex data and insights from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights and recommendations that inform the annual strategic plans and tactical decisions for CR’s product, marketing and digital teams.
- Develops reports and presentations and presents key insights to CR leadership and internal teams.
- Partners with key liaisons across organization to develop and execute recommendations for divisions based on key insights.
- Utilizes information management tools to track key competitors and relevant market trends
- Identifies competitive and market insights relevant to the business within the dimensions of impact, brand, audience, products and touch points (e.g. identifying competitive threats, potential opportunities, etc.)
- May review framing of research by colleagues or mentor them on best practices for strategy development.
- Performs other duties as assigned but not those of a higher level.
College degree (Business Strategy, Finance or Economics or a related field) from a competitive program; MBA/MS preferred; at least 5 years of experience working with strategy frameworks, data analysis and consumer research/competitive intelligence. Strong skills in synthesizing information from primary and secondary sources into recommendations and action plans. Experience in web, social and mobile analytics, financial data, modeling and external research services is required. Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines and excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Experience putting together data and consumer insights-driven business plans, including revenue forecasts, at an investment banking, management consulting, or in-house corporate development/business strategy team highly desirable. Must be a strong collaborator.
- Data-driven and consumer-focused
- Leverages knowledge of the competitive landscape, marketplace trends, best practices and technology to improve CR’s ability to compete
- Communicates clearly and confidently on a consistent basis
- Able to synthesize multiple sources of information into concise, clear and compelling summaries
Back to top