Senior Database Analyst
- Yonkers, NY
The Senior Database Analyst is a key member of the Customer Data Hub team reporting to the Associate Director, Customer Data Platform. Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, auditing and troubleshooting of the Customer Data Hub. Other responsibilities include performing UAT on system changes, writing/updating documentation and writing technical requirements for Customer Data Hub enhancements in support of new business processes and marketing programs. Develop and program new summarized derived data based on existing detail level data to support the on-going needs of the analytics, campaign selection, and other teams.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand and translate their requirements into technical specifications and processing instructions for Data Warehouse development.
- Develops and communicates specifications to both internal staff and external vendors for highly complex projects such as the addition of whole new sources of data and changes to existing data to accommodate new business processes and marketing programs.
- Liaise with contributing internal and external source systems, to ensure the seamless processing of the regular updates of the Customer Database. This includes adherence to standards, schedules and procedures which enable meeting service level agreements for the loading of feeds, scores, NCOA updates and overlay appends.
- Creates automated dashboards, reports, and alerts to validate daily production loads, reviewing counts and identifying and resolving data anomalies.
- Analyze data anomalies, determine the source of the problem, recommend and oversee implementation of sound corrective actions. Identify improved controls and procedures to avoid recurrence.
- Responsible for analysis, design and testing activities of enhancements to the Integrated Customer Database. Develop and execute test plans, and document results.
- Validate the quality of data enhancements made to the production database such as validating inbound/outbound files, manual fixes, and spot checking results of production change requests.
- Update and maintain documentation for system changes in support of the data governance objectives.
- Champions and promotes industry best practices
- May perform other duties as required.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Management, or a related discipline.
- 5-8 years experience managing marketing databases, CRM systems or data warehouse operations. Understanding of ETL workflow.
- Experience working with relational database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc) Knowledge of one or more programming languages/libraries (Python, pandas, numpy, matplotlib, R, SAS, etc) for data explorations, analysis, and visualization
- Strong hands-on data analytics skills, ability to develop complex SQL queries.
- Experience with reporting, business intelligence and data visualization tools.
- Understands all facets of data warehouse architecture, design, creation and data validation including applying current database technologies and tools to Database Marketing and Analysis objectives.
- Must be experienced in the complete development life-cycle for a variety of data warehouses and business intelligence solutions.
- Superior interpersonal, writing, communication and documentation skills are essential. Must be equally conversant in both Marketing and Information Technology terminology.
Back to top