WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1936, CR has a mission to create a fair and just marketplace for all. Widely known for our rigorous research and testing of products and services, we also survey millions of consumers each year, report extensively on marketplace issues, and advocate for consumer rights and protections around safety, digital rights, financial fairness, and sustainability. CR is independent and nonprofit.
Have a soft spot for non-profit companies whose mission is to help others? Are you a strategic thinker and a killer digital designer who thinks boldly about leaping tall problems with creative solutions?
Come and lead the user experience design for our fast-moving entrepreneurial Consumer Reports New Ventures Team. We are looking to ideate, launch, and grow new products and services that help consumers and make the marketplace more fair and just. We need someone who can hit the ground running and will be familiar with all aspects of new product design and development.
What You'll Do
- Work side-by-side with product and user research teams to isolate and test the best products for key user problem spaces
- Design fast and iterative prototypes to communicate and market possible experiences
- Know principles of design thinking and be connected to all aspects of user research techniques
- Lead working sessions with the team to help problem solve and brainstorm
- Generate storyboards, task flows, consumer journeys, and animated experience prototypes
- Manage outside design agencies
- Be an active advocate for the user, both in the work you create and in the conversations you have with stakeholders
What We Need To See
- You have 8+ years of practical experience in user experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a Lead role at either a major agency, a large commercial Web site, or a startup.
- You can be a user experience team of one--comfortable with dreaming up strategy as well as being hands on with designing great experiences.
- You have knowledge of startup principles and methodologies with key knowledge of user research.
- You have a proven track record in usable interfaces and responsive products.
- You have strong management experience and have led creative teams; worked with outside agencies; recruited and managed freelancers towards a common vision.
- You can keep pace with new technologies, agile processes.
- You have earned a degree in a relevant field.
- You have an overall understanding of various. technologies used in building digital experiences
- You are proficient in all the modern design tools.
What We'd Like To See
- You are a self starter and a constant design learner.
- You have a proven ability to think out of the box.
- You like to challenge the status quo while keeping user interest in mind.