Policy Analyst, Home and Product Safety
CR uses rigorous research, consumer insights, journalism, and policy expertise to inform purchase decisions, improve the products and services that businesses deliver, and drive regulatory and fair competitive practices. The Policy Analyst will play a critical role in our advocacy work by making sure that companies prioritize safety, fairness, and honesty; by working to establish strong pro-consumer policies and protections; and by listening to people and empowering them to raise their voices to create change.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in policy, government, or law preferred.
- 5 years experience working with a legislative or executive body or as a public interest, grassroots, or social justice advocate, analyst, or researcher.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work and build relationships with individuals, groups, and organizations with varied interests.
- Strong analytical, communication, and lobbying skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in various consumer protection issues a plus.
At Consumer Reports, we're building a diverse workforce that reflects our society, embraces new ways of thinking, celebrates a wide breadth of experiences, and reflects all of the audiences we serve. Inclusion means valuing the uniqueness that each staff member brings by creating an environment where everyone is welcome. Our objective is simple: for all employees to feel supported so that they're set up for success.
- Identify, research, recommend and help take action on relevant policy issues.
- Recommend strategy to advance Consumer Reports’ policy objectives.
- Implement legislative, regulatory, and corporate influence strategies on relevant policy issues.
- Advocate to federal or state legislative bodies and agencies and corporations.
- Draft testimony for others to deliver and write and submit comments to legislative, agency and corporate officials on regulations or other matters.
- Stay abreast of legislative, regulatory, corporate and other marketplace developments in assigned areas.
- Craft letters, fact sheets, and other materials for the media, decision-makers, and activists.
- Coordinate with external partners and coalitions, as well as interdisciplinary internal teams across all CR functions.
Back to top