Create photo and video content for use by all Consumer Reports outlets, Communications and Marketing and for use in departmental, inter-departmental, and company-wide presentations.
This is a 6-month long assignment. Your resume must contain links to your portfolio.
- Quality: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, owns/acts on quality problems. Maintains high standards for quality outputs
- Technical Skills: Understands specialty equipment, keeps knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards.
- Collaboration: Participates and collaborates to solve issues that will benefit the organization and its customers; fosters commitment to team projects and values the contribution of team members to the overall team’s success; actively works to mitigate conflicts and resistance.
- Time Management: Demonstrates ability to accomplish tasks by established deadlines; demonstrates discipline in using time management tools and techniques; uses time efficiently to balance competing demands and priorities.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs. Demonstrates ability to be flexible to new opportunities, to think ahead, monitor own and/or others’ progress and make adjustments when necessary.
- College degree or equivalent background with 5 or more years’ professional photography experience
- Proficiency in the operation and use of professional digital camera systems, studio lighting and accessories, Mac computers, photo capture and editing software, as well as photographic technique in the studio and on location.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Ability to collaborate with various levels of co-workers
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to use independent judgment to meet rigid deadlines.
Normal physical demands associated with working in an office environment and prolonged computer usage; able to arrange cameras and lighting equipment and occasionally some test products.
- Create photographic content for use by all Consumer Reports outlets (i.e., Consumer Reports, CRO, Newsletters, SIP’s, etc.); print and digital platforms.
- Create photographic content for use in departmental, inter-departmental, and company-wide presentations.
- Consult with art directors, photo program leader, photo studio manager, editors, project leaders, technicians and department heads regarding current and future projects being readied for publication. Work closely with project leaders to convey accurate representations of product function and uses.
- Create photographic content for the Communications and Marketing departments upon request. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising, public relations, promotions, how-we-test, and various other functions that Consumers Reports performs as normal business operations.
- Carry out and monitor assigned in-house and on-location projects, informing Photo Program Leader and/or Creative Director of assignment status.
- Create video content of various product angles/views, product function, test procedures, test personnel in the lab environment and at location test sites; upon special request.
- May receive assignments from Photo Program Leader and/or Photo Workflow Specialist
- Performs other duties as assigned
Meet Some of Consumer Reports's Employees
Quality Assurance Manager
Seema works in IT, managing a QA Team tasked with optimizing CR’s website and ensuring an error free experience for visitors to CR.org.
Back to top