Manager, Privacy and Digital Rights Policy
- Washington, DC
The Privacy and Digital Rights Policy Manager will lead and advance Consumer Reports’ advocacy on behalf of consumers for strong protection within tech areas such as privacy, dark patterns, algorithmic bias and discrimination, online fraud and deceptive advertising, and artificial Intelligence.
What you will do
- Direct legislative and regulatory outreach on behalf of consumers.
- Ensure CR is viewed as an influential leader on key priority issues.
- Lead efforts to develop regulatory comments, letters, fact sheets, and other materials for the policymakers, media, and activists to advance CR’s advocacy goals.
- Manage other advocates who are working on privacy and digital rights issues
- As a CR representative, speak at events, testify before Congress, and communicate to the press, funders and allies on issues around our strategic goals and initiatives.
- Partner with other CR advocates to help develop CR’s policy objectives on cross-cutting issues, such a competition, platform accountability, and product safety.
- Work across Consumer Reports to support other teams including Digital Lab, content, mobilization, and testing.
- Coordinate with external partners and coalitions
- You have earned a Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in policy, government, law, computer science or related technology field preferred
- You have 5-7 years’ experience in privacy and digital rights legislative and regulatory policy work
- You are experienced in managing other employees
- You are comfortable with public speaking and engaging with the press preferred
- You have strong analytical skills and excellent communications skills required including the ability to translate complex ideas into understandable written and oral statements
- Knowledge of and experience with health privacy issues
Back to top