Java Engineer, Back End
- Yonkers, NY
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to join CR’s Data Engineering team to design, develop, deploy, and maintain complex data pipelines and data visualizations.
This position will be eventually based in our Yonkers, New York office.
Local (tri-state) candidates are strongly preferred, as this position will eventually be based in our Yonkers, New York office.
What you will do
- Design, develop, and deploy data pipelines, and ETLs that ingest, map, aggregate, and broadcast data feeds to internal and external groups at CR.
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and determine implementation/execution approaches.
- Work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
- Create data visualizations, dashboards and reports to cater to various teams at CR.
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing data engineering systems.
- Help streamline software development by contributing to the implementation of a continuous integration process, automating manual processes, and eliminating defects.
- You have a Bachelor’s in CS, IT or other related field or equivalent work experience in addition to 1 year of backend development, with a focus on data intensive applications (Databases, ETLs, APIs etc).
- You have 1 year of experience with Java/JEE, Spring, Spring Batch, Spring Boot in an agile environment using CI/CD
- You are highly skilled with querying Relational databases (Oracle) using Advanced SQL techniques
- You are an expert in exploring different formats of data files (csv,json,xml etc) for exploratory data analysis (EDA), data profiling and data reporting using Python (using libraries like Pandas , Numpy etc) and Unix Shell Scripting
- Experience working with AWS Cloud services (S3,EC2, etc)
Big Bonus Points For
- Exposure to Tableau or data visualization tools
- Experience working in ECommerce
Back to top