Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled full stack software engineer to join us in building a business intelligence data systems from ground up. The Engineer will develop a publicly accessible informational website with custom dashboards, reports, and data visualizations. The engineer will also develop the backend with access to multiple analytical datasets and sophisticated data-pipelines to feed the datasets using modern Data-Engineering technologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or other related fields
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with functional and object-oriented Programming languages and frameworks - Java/JEE/Scala, Spring. Scripting experience using Python/Bash in Linux/UNIX environment is a plus
- Working knowledge of RBDMS/NoSQL Databases - Oracle, MongoDB
- Strong Knowledge and Hands-on experience in building ETL systems and data-pipelines (Experience with technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop is a big plus)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in developing Web Services (REST APIs)
- Hands-on experience with Micro-services deployment methodologies (Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc)
- Automated testing experience applicable for UIs and services (JUnit/testing, Jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with modern tools in the Agile software development life cycle - Version Control Systems (Ex. git, github, Stash/BitBucket), Knowledge Management (Ex. Confluence, Google Docs), Development Workflow (Ex. Jira), Continuous Integration (Ex. Bamboo, Jenkins), Real Time Collaboration (Ex. Hipchat, Slack)
- Experience working in projects involving Integration of Content management Systems, Big data ecosystem (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, and Hbase ), Data Science is a plus.
Design, develop, and deploy data-intensive web applications
Design, develop, and deploy data pipelines, and ETLs that ingest, map, aggregate, and broadcast data feeds to internal and external groups at CR
Design, develop, and deploy various data management applications.
Design, develop, and deploy REST Data APIs
Design and implement front-ends UI applications interacting with large datasets and creating data visualizations.
Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback, and determine implementation/execution approaches
- Work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software solutions
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing data engineering systems
Help streamline software development by contributing to implementation of a continual integration process, automating manual processes, and eliminating defects.
- Performs other duties as assigned but not at a higher level.
Meet Some of Consumer Reports's Employees
Quality Assurance Manager
Seema works in IT, managing a QA Team tasked with optimizing CR’s website and ensuring an error free experience for visitors to CR.org.
Back to top