Energy and Transportation Senior Analyst
The Analyst will support CR's work to increase the consumer voice and consumer-focused analysis in policy and media efforts around fuel economy, electric vehicles, new mobility options like shared and self-driving vehicles, and efficiency, renewable energy, electric utilities, and fair consumer utility rates. This position is a two year grant-funded role with the possibility of renewal. The Analyst will support CR’s advocacy work focused on transportation and energy.
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, economics, statistics or other similar field is and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience, is required.
- Experience in engineering economic analysis, modeling, or statistics and data science/analytics, including extraction and compilation of raw data, and providing appropriate analysis or recommendations.
- Expert in analysis and modeling tools including two or more of the following spreadsheets (e.g. Excel), databases (e.g. Access), statistical tools (e.g. R, SPSS), analysis and modeling tools (e.g. Matlab) required.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools and functions.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Effectiveness in meeting short and long term goals and objectives.
- Must be able to overcome challenges to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication, including ability translate complex data and ideas into compelling narratives and presentations for non-technical audiences.
- Experience in automotive, utility, energy, or environmental field is strongly preferred, but not
Responsible for developing analyses, methodologies and source data to support transportation and energy policy efforts. Performs descriptive and/or in-depth analysis to guide policy to protect consumers.
Develops rapid response analysis of evolving and emerging issues, breaking news, and government and industry actions.
Prepares or contributes to the development of compelling materials in a variety of formats including spreadsheets, data visualizations, reports, presentations, and fact-sheets to make data meaningful for the public, media, CR staff, and outside stakeholders, and decision makers.
Analyzes and evaluate data by applying advanced analytical techniques to large datasets. Works with technical staff to develop and refine databases, and incorporate external/big data for analysis.
Presents analytical results, both verbally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences.
May manage Research Assistant and other staff’s workload as required. Provides input on work of others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of Consumer Reports's Employees
Quality Assurance Manager
Seema works in IT, managing a QA Team tasked with optimizing CR’s website and ensuring an error free experience for visitors to CR.org.
Back to top