Director, Lab Operations
This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of product testing execution with a focus on increasing capacity and building operational efficiencies within the labs. The Director will assess and build upon current testing techniques to ensure and promote the uniqueness of our testing methods in the world of product testing.
The Director will also Identify and build partnerships with external labs and clients through promoting what differentiates CR and develops our short-term and long-term accreditation strategy for CR to secure industry wide lab accreditations and raise the profile of CR labs.
- Directs and oversees operational activities to ensure that product tests are performed on schedule, according to procedures with quality and accuracy.
- Researches, evaluates and develops new test procedures to enhance test efficiencies, quality and process improvements.
- Partners with Director Product Testing to establish overarching testing organizational plan; determining appropriate scheduling, resources and equipment needed to ensure deliverables.
- Leads the continuous improvement initiatives designed to affect efficiency, quality, safety or service and ensures compliance with applicable ISO and AS9100 standards.
- Documents and maintains the strategic portfolio of test services offered at CR as well as the inventory of proprietary data, protocols, and procedures, including customized equipment, infrastructure, and facilities.
- Serves as a key product testing liaison with internal and external partners and stakeholders. Manages lab tours for a variety of audiences.
- Identifies and builds relationships with new external clients and develops partnerships based on services we can offer.
- Stays current on external trends, testing standards and competitors’ practices.
- Promotes the use of data and develops metrics for identifying improvement opportunities and problem-solving activities.
- Oversees and executes an accreditation strategy for CR to secure industry wide lab accreditations.
- Manages departmental staff, developing and cross training employees within labs as needed.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline plus 10-15 years of experience required. Advanced degree in engineering and skills or experience in lab or systems operations desirable.
- Must have working knowledge of relevant accreditations ISO17025 - obtaining and maintaining
- Prior work experience in manufacturing or product testing contract labs desirable.
- Prior experience directing and conducting proprietary research projects useful.
- Knowledge of and experience with quality assurance and continuous improvement tools, best practices, methods and approaches.
- Knowledge of / experience in Lean Six Sigma or similar continuous improvement environments is a plus.
- Ability to lead and manage in a collaborative and communicative style while ensuring alignment with and accountability to company objectives.
- Analytical / Data- & metrics-driven approach to management required.
- Great interpersonal skills; inspiring and motivating teams and individuals
Back to top