Data Quality Engineer
- Yonkers, NY
In this role, you will document test cases based on business requirements, and prepare and execute the test plan that covers functional, integration, data quality, browser and systems compatibility and automated testing. As a QE with Consumer Reports, you will also be responsible for ensuring that the application meets the business requirements and that any potential issues are identified and fixed before deployment.
This position will be eventually based in our Yonkers, New York office. Candidates currently in the tri-state area strongly preferred.
What you will do
- Review and analyze business requirements, functional and design specifications and story acceptance criteria for clarity and consistencies.
- Develop and document detailed test cases for functional and regression testing against applications that span across various endpoints and environments.
- Create and execute formal test plans to ensure validated deliverables meet business requirements, functional and design specifications, and story acceptance criteria.
- Conduct Quality Assurance testing from development to product release.
- Integrate changes to the automation scripts when there are functional or UI changes.
- Identify, reproduce, and report defects in the defect tracking system.
- Verify application defects, and validate all issues are resolved and closed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with developers, business staff or other project team members to troubleshoot issues as required.
- You will work on projects that span across teams, platforms, and systems.
- You will make recommendations and process improvements to the data engineering team
- You have a Bachelor’s in CS, IT or other related field or equivalent work experience in addition to 3 years of IT and business experience with at least 2 years in QA/QE, with a focus on data intensive applications (Databases, ETLs, APIs etc).
- You have an expertise with executing automated and manual test plans and test scripts/cases, as well as reporting and tracking defects while performing Regression, Integration, Black Box and User Acceptance Tests (UAT) as well as extensive debugging experience with data applications.
- Expertise in programming using a combination of SQL,Python, and Unix Shell Scripting
- You are an expert in querying Relational & NoSQL databases (Oracle, MongoDB), and different formats of raw data files (csv,json,xml etc) for exploratory data analysis (EDA), data profiling and data reporting using python notebooks (Jupyter notebooks etc)
- Expertise in developing code packages for automation of various data quality checks through different stages of ETLs & data pipelines, Rest APIs using frameworks/libraries (ex. pytest, Pandas)
- Experience working with AWS Cloud services (S3,EC2)
Back to top